Estate Planning Lawyer Phoenix, AZ
Tax credits can be a complicated topic, and the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is no exception. In fact, “Arizona Charitable Tax Credit” is actually an umbrella term that covers two separate tax credits with differing maximum allowable credit amounts. The state of Arizona also offers public and private school tax credits, among others.
There are so many details to understand: deadline dates, eligible charitable organizations, documentation requirements, maximum donation limits, etc. Fortunately, Phoenix Children’s has released “The 2019 Definitive Guide to the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit.” This article covers all of these topics, and more, including:
- The tax implications of tax credits compared with tax deductions
- Carry forward periods for state tax credits
- Certification requirements for Qualifying Charitable Organizations
- How to combine tax credits to reduce your tax liability
- Recent changes to federal law that impact how state tax credits are claimed
Kamper Estrada LLP’s Giancarlo Estrada briefed Phoenix Children’s on many of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit’s nuances, so check out this important guide to Arizona state tax credits before finalizing your state and federal tax returns.