The United States has been a country for nearly 250 years with a lot of changes being made to our constitution and the law books. At Kamper-Estrada we are no stranger to interesting laws dictating by states. We’ve compiled a list of the weirdest U.S. laws. Here they are compiled by state below.
Keep in mind most of these would not hold up in a court of law as they are archaic and have yet to be changed.
- It is illegal to hunt camels in Arizona
- It is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs
- It is illegal to manufacture imitation cocaine.
- When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only defend yourself with the same weapon that your attacker possesses.
- In Tombstone, it is illegal for men and women over the age of 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling.
- It is illegal to let a dog pursue a bear or a bobcat at anytime.
- Sunshine is a legal guarantee in California.
- Women may not drive in a house coat. Here is a house coat for reference.
- No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
- Animals are banned from mating within 1,500 feet of a school. How could you monitor that?
- The penalty for jumping off a build is death. Seems a bit redundant, huh?
- A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his or her pocket.
- Slippers may not be worn after 10 pm
- You can be fined $25 for flirting.
- Adultery is still a crime in New York
- Florida has, accidentally, banned all computers and smartphones from internet cafes.
- It is illegal for unmarried couples to live together and commit “lewd acts”
- It is illegal to sell your children. Shouldn’t this one be obvious.
- Oral sex is illegal in Florida.
- If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the owner is responsible for paying any parking fees incurred.
Seems like there are a lot of laws to cover in the U.S! Don’t worry because Kamper-Estrada has your back in navigating these waters.